Prayer for Holiness - Different resources to aid us in our effort to overcome sin

"Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy." Leviticus 19:2.

In Holy Bible, you can see several passages mentioned the need of Holiness in personal life. In this modern world, Holiness is the thing that is very rare to find. Holiness only results from a right relationship with God. A Christian life is an ongoing struggle. in this lifetime, we will never be perfectly victorious over sin (1 John 1:8 ), but that should still be our goal.


" If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

In this spiritual battle in overcoming sins and temptation, God has provided us with certain resources, they are:

1. Holy Spirit : The spirit of God lights and sanctify your thoughts and guides you in proper way which leads to Joy in heart.
"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from " Galatians 5:16-25.

2. Holy Scriptures : Holy bible is the Word of God, reading it regularly will sanctify our thoughts. It is important, if you have not made a habit of daily studying and memorizing God's Word, that you begin to do so.
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."   Hebrews 4:12

3. Church and Sacraments : Give importance in going to Church and worshipping God. Church is fellowship of believers. Encourage each other in faith and love.  There is strength in numbers.
" For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

4. Prayer: Prayer is the conversation between your heart and God. give importance to Family prayers and Personal prayers.
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak” (Matthew 26:41)

Here is a beautiful Prayer to Holy spirit for Personal Holiness:

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love only what is holy.
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
Guard me so, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy.
Amen.

You may also recite this prayer when ever a thought of tempt knocks your heart 
Precious blood of Jesus Christ protect me from sin and evil. Cleanse my body, my soul, my thought, my heart, my home, my family and my surroundings with your holy blood.

Lord JESUS, by faith in your merits, I now take your Precious Blood and sprinkle it over myself and my family right from the crown of my head to the very soles of my feet. I claim total and complete protection for my life and my family.

Lord JESUS, keep me free today from evil, sin, temptation, satan's attacks and afflictions, fear of darkness, fear of man, sickness, diseases, doubts, anger, all calamities and from all that is not of thy Kingdom.

Fill me Lord JESUS with gift of your Holy SPIRIT and grant me the gift of wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discernment so that I will live today in your glory by doing that which is right.

Praise you Jesus. Thank You Jesus.





We hope this post was useful for you, please visit MERCY HEALS regularly for more interesting posts. You may also subscribe to our latest posts via email. Click for Email Subscription to receive updates in your email Inbox as soon as they are posted online.


Like & Share!



Daily Prayers





SAINT OF THE DAY
Select a month and day to view the saints of that day.
Month : Day :



Search this blog for more interesting posts.



Submit Your church's Holy Mass timings

Please submit following information

1. Name of Church
2. Location
3. Weekday and Sunday Mass timings
4. Telephone number
5. Website if any







POC Bible JY Catholic Answers Forum
Bible dictionary JY Rexband Logo


Retreat
Finder
Fiat Mission - His vision our mission Logos Quiz




 Share with Your Friends