Our Co-Pilot?

READ: Galatians 2:11-21



I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ
lives in me. Galatians 2:20



The bumper sticker Jesus is my co-pilot may be a well-intentioned sentiment, but it has always troubled me. Whenever Im in the drivers seat of my life, the destination is nowhere good. Jesus is not meant to be just a spiritual co-pilot giving directions every now and then. He is always meant to be in the drivers seat. Period!

We often say that Jesus died for us, which of course is true. But theres more to it than that. Because Jesus died on the cross, something inside of us died the power of sin. Its what Paul meant when he said, I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me (Gal. 2:20). We were essentially co-crucified with Him. With Jesus in the drivers seat, the old destinations are off-limits. No more turning down the streets of self-centeredness, greed, or lust. No more off-road ventures into the swamp of pride or the ditch of bitterness. We were crucified with Him and He is at the wheel now! He died so that He alone can drive and define us.

So, if youve died and Christ lives in you, Hes not your co-pilot. Your joy is to let Him drive and define your life. There may be a few bumps in the road, but you can count on it Hell take you somewhere good. Joe Stowell

Lord, I thank You for salvation,
For Your mercy, full and free;
Take my all in consecration,
Glorify Yourself in me. Codner

Still at the wheel of your life? Its time to let Jesus drive.


Source : odb.org


We hope this post was useful for you, please visit MERCY HEALS regularly for more interesting posts. You may also subscribe to our latest posts via email. Click for Email Subscription to receive updates in your email Inbox as soon as they are posted online.


Like & Share!



Daily Prayers





SAINT OF THE DAY
Select a month and day to view the saints of that day.
Month : Day :



Search this blog for more interesting posts.

Comments

Archive

Show more



Submit Your church's Holy Mass timings

Please submit following information

1. Name of Church
2. Location
3. Weekday and Sunday Mass timings
4. Telephone number
5. Website if any







POC Bible JY Catholic Answers Forum
Bible dictionary JY Rexband Logo


Retreat
Finder
Fiat Mission - His vision our mission Logos Quiz




 Share with Your Friends