A Dog In The Road


Our first reaction to any need should be to pray.
God has all the answers &
He can help when no one or nothing else can.


No matter how difficult life may seem and no matter how many problems you are facing, I hope this message encourages and inspires your heart to be thankful for every good gift in your life and realize that we are on this earth for a reason. May you have the grace to see your uniqueness with fresh eyes and know that you have much to offer this world. (Isaiah 61:3) (Proverbs 15:13)



A Dog In The Road…

I remember when I first graduated college. I was already married with a baby son. I had an education degree, but full time teaching jobs where I lived were scarce. For a few years then I did my best to make ends meet by substituting as much as possible. I would get up early each morning and hope for the phone to ring. A call meant work and every penny counted.

On one particularly cold morning I got a call to work at a grade school 15 miles away. Only a light snow coated the roads so I wasn’t worried about the trip. What I didn’t realize, though, was that water from the previous day’s rain had frozen on a patch of the road before the snow covered it. This was on a part of the road that curved around the edge of a mountain. Going off on one side of the road would land you in a ditch but going off the other could send you over the side of the mountain.


As I approached the dangerous spot I was going faster than I should. I wanted to make it to the school before the classes started. Just before I reached it, however, I saw a dog walking in my lane of the road. I braked early to avoid hitting the pooch and then was about to speed up again when I hit the black ice. Thankfully, the angel with paws had made me slow down enough that I was able to steer the car back towards the ditch and away from the edge of the mountain curve. I only needed a tow instead of a trip to the hospital or mortuary. I guess God wasn’t quite ready for me to leave this life yet.

Albert Einstein said, “God doesn’t play dice.” This is true for the world and for our lives. As I look back upon that day I can see God’s loving handiwork in it. I think He still had more for me to learn and do in this life. I just pray that I don’t waste a moment of it. I pray that I make every day I have left a loving gift to my Heavenly Father who made me. May you do the same.

-- Joseph Mazzella


Claim this Promise of God:

Psalm 91:9-12 “Because you have made the LORD, your refuge, the most High, your defender; no evil shall befall you, no plague will come near your tent. For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest your dash your foot against a stone.”

Psalm 34:4 “I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”




PRAISE GOD
BLESSED BE THE ONE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD


We hope this post was useful for you, please visit MERCY HEALS regularly for more interesting posts. You may also subscribe to our latest posts via email. Click for Email Subscription to receive updates in your email Inbox as soon as they are posted online.


Like & Share!



Daily Prayers





SAINT OF THE DAY
Select a month and day to view the saints of that day.
Month : Day :



Search this blog for more interesting posts.

Comments

Archive

Show more



Submit Your church's Holy Mass timings

Please submit following information

1. Name of Church
2. Location
3. Weekday and Sunday Mass timings
4. Telephone number
5. Website if any







POC Bible JY Catholic Answers Forum
Bible dictionary JY Rexband Logo


Retreat
Finder
Fiat Mission - His vision our mission Logos Quiz




 Share with Your Friends