Give God The Reins - Give it to HIM


Looking forward to a brighter tomorrow

Can help us get through a gloomy today.



Give God The Reins…



Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. ---- Proverbs 3:5









Cliff Schimmels says: "When I was young my dad had a team of horses.

One day he said to me, 'Son, would you like to drive?' So I took the reins.

I was in control. I was driving.



But the plodding bothered me, it was too slow. So I clucked the horses along and they began to trot.



Then Babe and Blue our two horses, came up with a better idea. They decided that if they ran we would get home faster. Soon they were running as fast as I've ever seen horses run.



As the prairie-dog holes whizzed by I concluded that we were in a dangerous situation, so I tried my best to slow down the runaway team. I tugged on the reins until my hands cramped. I cried and pleaded, but nothing worked. Old Babe and Blue just kept running. I glanced over at my dad and he was just sitting there, watching the world go by.



By now I was frantic. My hands were cut from the reins, tears streaming down my face, frozen from the winter cold. Finally in desperation I turned to my dad and said, 'Here, take the reins, I don't want to drive any more.'



Now that I'm older and people call me grandpa, I re-enact that scene at least once a day."



Regardless of how old we get or how capable we think we are, there's always that moment when the only way out is to turn to our Heavenly Father and say, "Here, take the reins, I don't want to drive any more."



And He will... but you've got to give them to Him!



Don’t give up… Give it to Him!




PRAISE GOD
BLESSED BE THE ONE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD


We hope this post was useful for you, please visit MERCY HEALS regularly for more interesting posts. You may also subscribe to our latest posts via email. Click for Email Subscription to receive updates in your email Inbox as soon as they are posted online.


Like & Share!



Daily Prayers





SAINT OF THE DAY
Select a month and day to view the saints of that day.
Month : Day :



Search this blog for more interesting posts.

Comments

Archive

Show more



Submit Your church's Holy Mass timings

Please submit following information

1. Name of Church
2. Location
3. Weekday and Sunday Mass timings
4. Telephone number
5. Website if any







POC Bible JY Catholic Answers Forum
Bible dictionary JY Rexband Logo


Retreat
Finder
Fiat Mission - His vision our mission Logos Quiz




 Share with Your Friends