Nothing too small


Read: John 6:1-13
John 6:9 (NIV)

Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?


I manage a guesthouse in a seaside village in South Africa. There God has given me wonderful opportunities to encourage and witness to people from all walks of life and from all over the world. Sometimes I am able only to show warmth, and kindness, or to speak an occasional word of understanding. However, people thank me as if I had given them a wonderful treasure. I used to be amazed and puzzled because I felt I had done so little.


Then the Holy Spirit opened my eyes. I realized that the Spirit magnifies each little kindness so that people receive the bounty of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is enormous. Seeing the look on the faces of my guests, I know that God is good and powerful.


As the little boy's offering of bread and fish fed five thousand, so God takes whatever we offer from the heart and uses it to feed many. Let us always offer even what seems small to us, for in so doing we show trust in our great and limitless God.


Elaine Richardson

Western Cape,

South Africa


Read:Communication Barrier



We hope this post was useful for you, please visit MERCY HEALS regularly for more interesting posts. You may also subscribe to our latest posts via email. Click for Email Subscription to receive updates in your email Inbox as soon as they are posted online.


Like & Share!



Daily Prayers





SAINT OF THE DAY
Select a month and day to view the saints of that day.
Month : Day :



Search this blog for more interesting posts.

Comments

Archive

Show more



Submit Your church's Holy Mass timings

Please submit following information

1. Name of Church
2. Location
3. Weekday and Sunday Mass timings
4. Telephone number
5. Website if any







POC Bible JY Catholic Answers Forum
Bible dictionary JY Rexband Logo


Retreat
Finder
Fiat Mission - His vision our mission Logos Quiz




 Share with Your Friends