What Do You See?

"He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie." John 1:27

John the Baptist must have seen people walk many times. One day when he saw his cousin Jesus approaching, it was different. Seeing Jesus at that moment showed John the Baptist who He really is: the Lamb of God, not just a mere mortal trying his best to survive each day.

John the Baptist testified that Jesus was the Son of God. The prophet did not feel in the same league of Jesus. He said he was not worthy to even untie His sandals.



John the Baptist saw the man who would die for the world's sins, including yours and mine. How powerful a thought that is, and yet so easy to forget. Why would Jesus agree to be a sacrifice for all my shortcomings? Why would He want to? I mean, it wasn't exactly a fair trade. God's son left Heaven to go to Earth, trapped in a human body. He did this out of the love He has for you, me, and every person who calls this world home. What a sacrifice Jesus made for us.



Lord, By sending Jesus to die in my place, I know You strongly love me. There are times when I don't show You love in return. I let people or things get in the way of telling You how thankful I am that You loved me enough to save me. Please continue to guide me in the decisions I make, and the places I go. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.


We hope this post was useful for you, please visit MERCY HEALS regularly for more interesting posts. You may also subscribe to our latest posts via email. Click for Email Subscription to receive updates in your email Inbox as soon as they are posted online.


Like & Share!



Daily Prayers





SAINT OF THE DAY
Select a month and day to view the saints of that day.
Month : Day :



Search this blog for more interesting posts.

Comments

Archive

Show more



Submit Your church's Holy Mass timings

Please submit following information

1. Name of Church
2. Location
3. Weekday and Sunday Mass timings
4. Telephone number
5. Website if any







POC Bible JY Catholic Answers Forum
Bible dictionary JY Rexband Logo


Retreat
Finder
Fiat Mission - His vision our mission Logos Quiz




 Share with Your Friends